Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Playing with his toys. 04.24.2012


It's been a year since I've posted on this blog, but in that year so many things have changed for me. I'm not just working or drawing or keeping up with the Texas Rangers. I'm trying to figure out how to be the best dad I can be to my son Christopher without being with his mom. I honestly never thought I'd ever help to conceive a child without the certainty that my child's mother would also be my wife. But that's not the hand we're dealt in life. Can't always have the picture perfect life or even anything close to what you imagined sometimes.

I saw my son today and just like every other day, when he sees me his eyes light up. Even with his mom and his two sisters around, it seems like sometimes he and I are the only ones in the room. The other day everyone was talking but he was looking me square in the eye and I told him how much I loved him and missed him; and although he's only 6 months old, I'm pretty sure he got the message. The second I told him that he smiled as if to say "Dad, I know you love me and I love you back."

I know this is out there for the whole wild world to see on the interwebs and whatnot, but I just feel like I need to chronicle my visits with my son and my thoughts and feelings so that one day when he grows up, he'll know how hard it was for me to be apart from him, but how I tried so hard to be there as often as I could. Tonight the Rangers (my favorite team) face the Yankees (Christopher's mom and sisters' favorite team) and I so wish I could take him with me but that'll come in time as well. Looking forward to that special Father's Day game when it'll be our first game together. There aren't many days I've looked forward to more.